Supabase is an open source Firebase alternative. They're backed by Y Combinator, Mozilla, Coatue, and a bunch of amazing developers.
Supabase is a platform which makes it incredibly easy to build and scale your projects. It uses a suite of open source technologies to provide a world class alternative to Firebase and other propriety backend as a service providers.
If you’ve ever found yourself fretting over the potential cost of Firebase or fighting with their NoSQL store then Supabase is the company that comes to your rescue.
Founded by industry veterans who have founded more than a dozen start ups, they don’t just reap the benefits of open source but they also give back to the community by open sourcing things like their dashboard and they support the projects they use.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. They work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- They're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- They deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. They support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- They "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, they use it in Supabase.
LogRocket interviewed Paul Copplestone, CEO and cofounder of Supabase and how they are simplifying PostgresSQL for front end developers.
Listen to the podcast here